Mushroom Cream Chicken Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1/2 pound)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Madeira wine or additional chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fat-free half-and-half
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Dredge in 2 tablespoons flour. In a nonstick skillet, brown chicken in butter and oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove chicken and set aside.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, green onion and garlic for 2 minutes or until tender. Sprinkle with remaining flour and stir to blend. Gradually add broth and broth and wine or additional broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add the cream. Return chicken to skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until chicken is heated through (do not boil). Yield: 2 servings.
>Nutritional Analysis: One serving (1 chicken breast half with 3/4 cup sauce) equals 327 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 457 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 239 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.