- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1/2 pound)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Madeira wine or additional chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fat-free half-and-half
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Dredge in 2 tablespoons flour. In a nonstick skillet, brown chicken in butter and oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove chicken and set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, green onion and garlic for 2 minutes or until tender. Sprinkle with remaining flour and stir to blend. Gradually add broth and broth and wine or additional broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add the cream. Return chicken to skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until chicken is heated through (do not boil). Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Mushroom Cream Chicken
"I loved this. I'm a sucker for anything creamed and was delighted to find this lighter version for a mushroom cream sauce. Will be making this again."
"We really did not like this. We have a house full of chicken lovers, mushroom lovers, creamy sauce lovers....but nobody liked it. Can't really say what was wrong with it....maybe not enough spices? Needs more garlic? Too much wine? Not sure, but definitely needed more taste. Sorry."