"This special dish stars wonderfully tender chicken smothered in a delicious mushroom cream sauce," writes Marian Slattery of Whitewater, Wisconsin. "It tastes like you fussed, but it's really simple to prepare."
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1/2 pound)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Madeira wine or additional chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fat-free half-and-half
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Dredge in 2 tablespoons flour. In a nonstick skillet, brown chicken in butter and oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove chicken and set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, green onion and garlic for 2 minutes or until tender. Sprinkle with remaining flour and stir to blend. Gradually add broth and broth and wine or additional broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add the cream. Return chicken to skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until chicken is heated through (do not boil). Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Cream Chicken in Light & Tasty October/November 2001, p53
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Mushroom Cream Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review