Mushroom Crab Melts Recipe
- 3 bacon strips, diced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed or 1 cup chopped imitation crabmeat
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 English muffins, split
- Dash each cayenne pepper and paprika
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Saute mushrooms and onion in drippings until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine crab, Swiss cheese, mayonnaise, mushroom mixture, Parmesan cheese and bacon.
- Spread butter over muffin halves. Top with crab mixture; sprinkle with cayenne and paprika. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Mushroom Crab Melts
Sort By :
Very good. The kids loved it.
I wanted to love this, but it was just ok.
I was actually looking for a recipe for crab topping for burgers when I found this. I made up the crab mixture and put it on fresh, homemade burgers instead of the English muffins. They were great!
I've never really liked crab but my husband loves it, and I'm not even a big fan of mushrooms, but this is fantastic!! Even my daughter ate it and didn't realize how many veggies she ate because the crab and cheese kind of meld everything together into deliciousness!