- 6 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- CHIVE BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small skillet, heat 2 tablespoons melted butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk, thyme and remaining melted butter until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in mushrooms.
- Fill greased or foil-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix softened butter and chives until blended. Serve with warm muffins. Yield: 1 dozen (1/2 cup chive butter).
Originally published as Mushroom Corn Muffins with Chive Butter in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p32
Reviews for Mushroom Corn Muffins with Chive Butter
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review