Mushroom Corn Chowder Recipe
Chock-full of veggies, ham and cheese in every spoonful, this thick, creamy chowder from Elaine Krupsky of Las Vegas, Nevada, will take the chill off even the nippiest of fall evenings. Serve with crusty French bread.
- 1-1/4 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery with leaves
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- In a large saucepan, saute the carrots, celery, mushrooms and onions in butter until tender. Stir in the soup, milk, corn, ham and seasoned salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; stir in cheese. Cook and stir 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Corn Chowder in Simple & Delicious September/October 2008, p51
Reviews for Mushroom Corn Chowder(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 29, 2011
Quick, easy and the whole family loves this!
Reviewed Dec. 13, 2010
my family loves this recipe! there are only five of us but I always double it anyway. If I don't have ham on hand I substitute a few slices of crumbled cooked bacon. It is always great.
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chowder Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Corn Chowder Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- Ham Soup >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Soup Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >