- 1-1/4 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery with leaves
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- In a large saucepan, saute the carrots, celery, mushrooms and onions in butter until tender. Stir in the soup, milk, corn, ham and seasoned salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; stir in cheese. Cook and stir 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Mushroom Corn Chowder
"Easy and very flavorful"
"Quick, easy and the whole family loves this!"
"my family loves this recipe! there are only five of us but I always double it anyway. If I don't have ham on hand I substitute a few slices of crumbled cooked bacon. It is always great."