Mushroom Corn Casserole Recipe
Corn brightens up any meal with its sunny color and sweet crispness. I decided to create a casserole that combined corn, mushrooms and a rich cheesy sauce. I succeeded with this recipe. It's an easy dish to make and a popular part of any party buffet. -Mary Jones, Cumberland, Maine
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- In a saucepan, saute green pepper and onion in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Stir in flour, cream corn, salt and pepper until blended. Add cream cheese; stir until melted. Stir in the whole kernel corn, mushrooms and Swiss cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over the corn mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Corn Casserole in Taste of Home August/September 1999, p27
Reviews for Mushroom Corn Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review