- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- In a saucepan, saute green pepper and onion in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Stir in flour, cream corn, salt and pepper until blended. Add cream cheese; stir until melted. Stir in the whole kernel corn, mushrooms and Swiss cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over the corn mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forMushroom Corn Casserole
"What a great way to spruce up a can of corn! I didn't have creamed corn, so I left it out and just added some cream. Dish turned out perfect! I never buy canned mushrooms, so I sauted the mushrooms along with the onions and green peppers. Will be making this again."
"This made a big side dish, and was really a nice twist. We had 6 people for dinner, and it was plenty. I had a red pepper instead of a bell pepper-this would be a great fall comfort food dish"