Mushroom Corn Bread Dressing Recipe
This family-pleasing dressing is moist and flavorful, and it makes enough for a large gathering.—Ruby Williams, Bogalusa, Louisiana
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 eggs
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. For corn bread, combine the first four ingredients in a bowl. Combine 2 eggs, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a skillet, saute mushrooms, celery and onions in butter until tender. In a large bowl, beat remaining eggs add broth, soup, almonds, poultry seasoning, pepper and vegetables. Crumble corn bread over mixture.
- 3. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 each: 267 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 725mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Mushroom Corn Bread Dressing
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC