Fix chicken dinner in a snap with this simple recipe. It warms you up, head to toe. —Cindy Cothern, Nampa, ID
- 2 packages (8.8 ounces each) ready-to-serve long grain and wild rice
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sherry or chicken broth
- 1 can (7 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°. Spread rice in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Place chicken over rice.
- In a small bowl, whisk soup, sour cream, water and sherry until blended; stir in mushrooms. Pour over chicken. Bake, covered, 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese over top. Bake, uncovered, 5-10 minutes longer or until light golden brown and a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Chicken with Wild Rice in Simple & Delicious December/January 2014
Reviews for Mushroom Chicken with Wild Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review