Mushroom-Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1 ounce dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch, divided
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon soy sauce, divided
- Pinch pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 2 pounds), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 3/4 cup chicken broth, divided
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/4 cup whole almonds, toasted
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1. Combine the mushrooms and water; let stand 15 minutes. Drain, reserving liquid; set liquid and mushrooms aside. In another bowl, combine egg white, 1 teaspoon cornstarch, 1 teaspoon soy sauce and pepper; add chicken and stir to coat. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet or wok; stir-fry chicken until no longer pink. Remove and set aside. In the same skillet, stir-fry garlic in remaining oil until browned. Add peas, celery, water chestnuts and mushrooms; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add 1/2 cup broth and the chicken; cover and simmer for 3 minutes. Combine sugar, ginger, reserved mushroom liquid and remaining cornstarch, soy sauce and broth; stir into skillet and cook until thickened, about 4 minutes. Add pimientos. Garnish with almonds and onion. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 360 calories, 16g fat (2g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 445mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 36g protein .
Reviews for Mushroom-Chicken Stir-Fry
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.