- large skillet or wok; stir-fry chicken until no longer pink. Remove
- and set aside. In the same skillet, stir-fry garlic in remaining oil
- until browned. Add peas, celery, water chestnuts and mushrooms;
- stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add 1/2 cup broth and the chicken; cover and
- simmer for 3 minutes. Combine sugar, ginger, reserved mushroom
- liquid and remaining cornstarch, soy sauce and broth; stir into
- skillet and cook until thickened, about 4 minutes. Add pimientos.
- Garnish with almonds and onion. Yield: 6 servings.
Editor's Note: Small fresh white mushrooms can be substituted for the dried shiitakes. Eliminate the warm water and the soaking step.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 360 calories, 16 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 445 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.