Joan Anderson of West Covina, California, shares this creamy soup featuring leftover cooked chicken. “Tarragon really brightens the flavor,” she says. “I serve it as a main dish with crusty bread. It’s fabulous!”
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup sliced carrot
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and carrot in oil until tender. Stir in the flour, tarragon and pepper until blended. Gradually add broth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Reduce heat; stir in chicken, mushrooms and milk. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until heated through (do not boil). Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Chicken Soup in Simple & Delicious March/April 2007, p54
Reviews for Mushroom Chicken Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review