Mushroom Chicken Roll-Ups Recipe
"After working all day, I can throw together these creamy chicken pinwheels in minutes," writes Sandie Marroso of Henderson, Nevada.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 4 slices fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 3 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- Hot cooked rice or noodles
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Place a slice of ham and 1/4 cup cheese on each piece; sprinkle with garlic powder and pepper. Roll up and secure with toothpicks. Place in a greased 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Drizzle with butter. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 7 minutes, rotating dish a half turn twice.
- 2. Combine the soup, mushrooms and wine or broth; pour over chicken. Cover with waxed paper; cook on high for 4-5 minutes or until juices run clear, rotating a half turn twice. Let stand for 5 minutes. Discard toothpicks. Serve roll-ups with rice or noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC