Mushroom Chicken Cacciatore Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine or chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- 1. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a bowl, combine the tomato sauce, mushrooms, onion, wine, garlic, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper; pour over chicken.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with spaghetti. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 255 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 744mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 28g protein .
Reviews for Mushroom Chicken Cacciatore
"Not for us, sorry!"
"Tried this receipe tonight, and it was ok, the sauce was a little thin, wondering if tomato paste should be added to thicken it up a little, other than that it was good, will make again. thanksBrensmom"
"Tried this weekend and our family loved it! The flavor is excellant!"
"When you print the recipe click page 1 to 1 instead of all."
"Why do you add this mushroom contet notice after each recipe it means all my recipes take two pages to print and I throw the mushroom contest page away put it some where else not at the end of a recipe!!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.