Mushroom Chicken Cacciatore Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine or chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- 1. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a bowl, combine the tomato sauce, mushrooms, onion, wine, garlic, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper; pour over chicken.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with spaghetti. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 255 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 744 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Reviews for Mushroom Chicken Cacciatore
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.