Mushroom Chicken Cacciatore Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine or chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a bowl, combine the tomato sauce, mushrooms, onion, wine, garlic, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with spaghetti. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Mushroom Chicken Cacciatore(5)
Sort By :
We served this for a large dinner, it was fantastic. The chicken was moist. I used a can of tomato paste to thicken the sauce and a whole head of roasted garlic. Goes great with the French loaves recipe on this site!
Tried this receipe tonight, and it was ok, the sauce was a little thin, wondering if tomato paste should be added to thicken it up a little, other than that it was good, will make again. thanks
Tried this weekend and our family loved it! The flavor is excellant!
Why do you add this mushroom contet notice after each recipe it means all my recipes take two pages to print and I throw the mushroom contest page away put it some where else not at the end of a recipe!!
More Recipe Collections
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Cacciatore >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >