Mushroom Chicken Cacciatore Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine or chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a bowl, combine the tomato sauce, mushrooms, onion, wine, garlic, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with spaghetti. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Mushroom Chicken Cacciatore(6)
Sort By :
Not for us, sorry!
We served this for a large dinner, it was fantastic. The chicken was moist. I used a can of tomato paste to thicken the sauce and a whole head of roasted garlic. Goes great with the French loaves recipe on this site!
Tried this receipe tonight, and it was ok, the sauce was a little thin, wondering if tomato paste should be added to thicken it up a little, other than that it was good, will make again. thanks
Tried this weekend and our family loved it! The flavor is excellant!
More Recipe Collections
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Cacciatore >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >