Mushroom Chicken Alfredo
All you need is one skillet to make this delicious scaled-down dinner from Margery Bryan of Moses Lake, Washington. It's an easy way to dress up packaged noodles and sauce, plus clean-up is a breeze.
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 package (4.4 ounces) quick-cooking noodles and Alfredo sauce mix
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken in butter for 6 minutes or
- until meat is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. In the same
- skillet, saute mushrooms and onion until tender.
- Stir in water and milk; bring to a boil. Stir in contents of noodles
- and sauce mix; boil for 8 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Return chicken to the pan; heat through. Garnish with parsley if
- desired. Yield: 3 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/3 cups equals 317 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 727 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat,