Mushroom Chicken Alfredo Recipe
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 package (4.4 ounces) quick-cooking noodles and Alfredo sauce mix
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken in butter for 6 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onion until tender.
- 2. Stir in water and milk; bring to a boil. Stir in contents of noodles and sauce mix; boil for 8 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- 3. Return chicken to the pan; heat through. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 3 servings.
1-1/3 cups equals 317 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 727 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 fat.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.