All you need is one skillet to make this delicious scaled-down dinner from Margery Bryan of Moses Lake, Washington. It's an easy way to dress up packaged noodles and sauce, plus clean-up is a breeze.
Recommended: Our Favorite Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 package (4.4 ounces) quick-cooking noodles and Alfredo sauce mix
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken in butter for 6 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onion until tender.
- Stir in water and milk; bring to a boil. Stir in contents of noodles and sauce mix; boil for 8 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Return chicken to the pan; heat through. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Chicken Alfredo in Cooking for 2 Fall 2007, p42
Reviews forMushroom Chicken Alfredo
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 28, 2011
"The kids love it and its easy"
Reviewed Apr. 22, 2010
"My husband didn't particularly care for this dish. However, my 3-year-old ate it better than most super dishes!"