- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 carton (8 ounces) whipped cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded fontina cheese
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Toasted French bread baguette slices
- Grease the bottoms and halfway up the sides of muffin cups with butter. Press bread crumbs onto the bottoms and halfway up the sides of prepared cups.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the eggs, sour cream, 1 tablespoon thyme, salt and pepper. Divide among prepared muffin cups; sprinkle with fontina cheese and remaining thyme. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until set.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Top cheesecakes with mushroom mixture. Serve with baguette slices. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Mushroom Cheesecake Appetizers in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p20
Reviews for Mushroom Cheesecake Appetizers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review