Instead of topping juicy cheeseburgers with sauteed mushrooms, include some savory 'shrooms in the meat mixture for a new twist! Folks will be pleasantly surprised with these deluxe sandwiches...bite after bite.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped canned mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 4 slices process American cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the mushrooms, onion, oregano, salt and
- pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side
- or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Top each
- burger with a slice of cheese. Serve on buns with lettuce if
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 371 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 906 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein.