Instead of topping juicy cheeseburgers with sauteed mushrooms, include some savory 'shrooms in the meat mixture for a new twist! Folks will be pleasantly surprised with these deluxe sandwiches...bite after bite.
Recommended: Top 10 Burger Recipes
- 1/4 cup chopped canned mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 slices process American cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the mushrooms, onion, oregano, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Top each burger with a slice of cheese. Serve on buns with lettuce if desired.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Cheeseburgers in 1997 Taste of Home Calendar , p7
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Mushroom Cheeseburgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 23, 2013
"These turned out amazing! The flavors were fantastic. I made them in the oven with the broiler and they were delish!"