Mushroom Cheese Stromboli Recipe
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 3 ounces thinly sliced pepperoni
- 6 ounces thinly sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced Provolone cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon water
- Additional Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender; set aside. On a lightly floured board, roll dough into a 30-in. x 8-in. rectangle; cut into two 15-in. x 8-in. pieces.
- On the long side of each piece, layer pepperoni, cheeses, mushrooms, spaghetti sauce, parsley and oregano. Fold over dough and pinch to seal. Combine egg and water; brush over edges and ends of dough. With a sharp knife, cut five small steam vents in the top of each roll.
- Place on greased baking sheets. Sprinkle with Parmesan if desired. Bake at 350° for 27-30 minutes or until golden brown. Slice and serve warm. Yield: 36 slices.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Mushroom Cheese Stromboli(3)
Sort By :
Everybody loves this recipe. I make it for the Super Bowl, potlucks, and supper. It is always a big hit. Super yummy:)
VERY GOOD, IT'S A MEAL BY ITSSELF. SELOGY
This is the most amazing recipe! Absolutely delicious! I've been making it for years! People just love it!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bread Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Italian Appetizers >
- Italian Recipes >
- Mushroom Appetizers >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Sandwiches >
- Party Appetizers >