Mushroom Cheese Ravioli Recipe
- 2 cups refrigerated cheese ravioli
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. Cook ravioli according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small nonstick saucepan coated with cooking spray, saute the mushrooms, onion, nuts and peppers in oil until tender.
- 3. Combine the cornstarch, broth, half-and-half, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 4. Drain ravioli. Stir into sauce; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 367 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 717mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Mushroom Cheese Ravioli
"Really good! You could add any vegetables you wanted, really. Something different to do with your ravioli besides smother it in spaghetti sauce!"
"This sounded & looked better than it tasted.It wasn't bad,but it wasn't good either.The sauce wasn't enough & it was bland."
"This was pretty good. I was looking for a white saucy type recipe for my cheese ravioli and this served the purpose. I did alter the recipe by leaving out the peppers and nuts. I used jarred mushrooms as that is what I had on hand. It was still pretty good but was missing a zip in the flavor that I was looking for...not sure what it needed. I don't care for cooked peppers or I would have added them but don't think thats what was missing. It was fast and easy to prepare. I will make it again."
"This is excellent! Doubled the recipe and all was gobbled up in no time. Will definitely make this again. Thanks for sharing."