Mushroom Cheese Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup canned mushroom stems and pieces
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/8-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine the flour and yogurt until smooth. Stir in the cheese, mushrooms, pimientos, parsley and chives. Spread down the center of each piece of chicken. Roll up and tuck in ends; secure with toothpicks. Place seam side down in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Brush yogurt over chicken. Combine bread crumbs and paprika; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Discard toothpicks before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
1 stuffed chicken breast half equals 222 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 544 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 39 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat.