- 2 cups finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 4 lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Shape into four 3/4-in.-thick patties.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add burgers; cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until crisp and lightly browned. Serve on buns with lettuce. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Mushroom Burgers
Sort By :
"Just made these for lunch today. Cooked them for about 5 minutes each side just to be sure they were cooked through. Nicely browned and tasty! The patty held up well to eat on a bun with "standard" burger extras. Very nice flavor.Definitely on our list of regulars!"
"yummy even my meat eating husband enjoys them"
"I was surprised how much our family loves this recipe since we are not vegetarians.. It is a fast and light dish perfect for weekday dinners. I substitute oatmeal, which I have on hand, for the breadcrumbs and they were great. Mushroom burgers have become a family favorite."
"Very easy and delicious. Stays together while cooking, which isn't something you can often say about vegetarian burgers."
"Made these when my son-in-law was here because he is vegetarian. We all enjoyed them. Held together better than most veggie burgers I've tried."