Ready to turn over a new burger? I guarantee no one will be missing the beef after they've tasted these vegetarian burgers. They're moist, tender and full of flavor.—Denise Hollebeke, Penhold, Alberta
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 4 lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Shape into four
- 3/4-in.-thick patties.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add burgers; cook 3-4
- minutes on each side or until crisp and lightly browned. Serve on
- buns with lettuce. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 each equals 330 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 121 mg cholesterol, 736 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 medium-fat meat,