Mushroom Burgers Recipe
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Shape into four 3/4-in.-thick patties.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add burgers; cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until crisp and lightly browned. Serve on buns with lettuce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 burger equals 330 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 121 mg cholesterol, 736 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 medium-fat meat, 1/2 fat.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.