Mushroom Burger Stromboli Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 2-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 7 to 7-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Optional toppings: sour cream, jalapeno peppers, hot pepper sauce
- In a bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add oil, salt, sugar and 2 cups flour; beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add soup, mushrooms and seasonings; set aside.
- Punch dough down; divide in half. On a floured surface, roll each portion of dough into a 15-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Transfer to a greased baking sheet. Spoon the beef mixture lengthwise down half of the rectangle to within 1 in. of edges. Fold dough over filling. Pinch edges to seal. Cut four diagonal slits on top of loaves. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into slices. Serve warm with toppings of your choice. Yield: 2 loaves.
Reviews for Mushroom Burger Stromboli(1)
Sort By :
This recipe makes a lot of food, and it stretched 1 pound of hamburger to make 4 meals for our family of 3. The strombolis baked up flat, kind of reminiscent of calzones when they are cut into serving sizes. We topped ours with a little mayo and some sliced tomato, kind of like a hamburger. Mustard would have been good, too.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Mexican Bread Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mushroom Bread Recipes >