- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cups water
- 4 medium potatoes, cubed
- 5 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, quartered
- In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the water, potatoes, carrots, tomatoes, soup mix, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add mushrooms; simmer 5 minutes longer. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Burger Stew in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p158
Reviews for Mushroom Burger Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review