Mushroom Burger Pockets Recipe
These hearty hand-held pockets are favored by my husband and sons during combining season. I have a warm batch waiting for them to grab and eat on the run.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, mushrooms, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Remove from the heat.
- 2. On a floured surface, roll dough into a 16-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Cut into eight squares. Place about 1/3 cup meat mixture in the center of each square; sprinkle with cheese. Bring the four corners to center over filling; pinch seams together to seal.
- 3. Place seam side down on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 15-20 minutes. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 417 calories, 19 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 782 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 27 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC