Mushroom Burger Pockets
These hearty hand-held pockets are favored by my husband and sons during combining season. I have a warm batch waiting for them to grab and eat on the run.
8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the soup, mushrooms, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt and
- pepper. Remove from the heat.
- On a floured surface, roll dough into a 16-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Cut
- into eight squares. Place about 1/3 cup meat mixture in the center
- of each square; sprinkle with cheese. Bring the four corners to
- center over filling; pinch seams together to seal.
- Place seam side down on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in
- a warm place for 15-20 minutes. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes
- or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 417 calories, 19 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 782 mg sodium,