My guests rely on me to come up with yummy starters like these crispy mushroom appetizers made for a New Year's party. They vanish before your eyes. —Tina Coopman, Toronto, ON
Featured In: 40 Appetizers for Fall Celebrations
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped baby portobello mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 sheets phyllo dough (14x9-inch size)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic, rosemary and pepper; cook 2 minutes longer. Remove from heat.
- Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface; brush with butter. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.) Layer with three additional phyllo sheets, brushing each layer. Using a sharp knife, cut the layered sheets into twelve 3-in. squares. Carefully press each stack into an ungreased mini-muffin cup.
Stir feta into mushroom mixture; spoon 1 tablespoon into each phyllo cup. Form into bundles by gathering edges of phyllo squares and twisting centers to close. Brush tops with remaining butter. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled bundles in resealable plastic freezer bags. To use, reheat bundles on a greased baking sheet in a preheated 375° oven until crisp and heated through. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Mushroom Bundles in Simple & Delicious December/January 2015
Reviews forMushroom Bundles
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review