Mushroom Brunch Toast
There are a lot of mushrooms grown in Pennsylvania, so this is a good recipe to represent our area. My family and friends always enjoy this dish.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Dash nutmeg
- 4 slices white bread, toasted
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In skillet, melt butter; saute mushrooms until lightly browned. Add
- garlic, cream, lemon juice, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cook, stirring
- constantly, until cream thickens and its volume is reduced by half.
- Divide mushroom mixture and spoon over toast. Sprinkle each serving
- with 1/2 tablespoon parsley. Bake at 450° for 5-8 minutes or
- until sauce is bubbly. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.