- Rub the inside and outside of roast with salt. Combine flour, thyme,
- parsley and pepper; rub over outside of roast. Place roast with rib
- ends down in a large roasting pan. Bake at 325° for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add
- mushrooms, broccoli, salt, bouillon, thyme and pepper; cook for 8
- minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Stir in stuffing mix and
- water. Turn roast over with rib ends up; fill center of roast with
- about 3 cups stuffing. Bake 1 hour longer or until meat thermometer
- inserted into meat between ribs reads 160°. Bake remaining
- stuffing in a greased covered baking dish during the last 40 minutes
- of baking time. Transfer roast to serving platter; let stand 15
- minutes before slicing. For gravy, drain drippings into a measuring
- cup; skim and discard fat. Add enough water to drippings to measure
- 3 cups; stir in flour. Pour into skillet, stirring to loosen browned
- bits. Add salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil
- for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Serve with roast and stuffing.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (8 ounces) equals 396 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 1,043 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer