Mushroom Broccoli Quiche Recipe
I take this dish to many of my family’s picnics because it's always such a hit. Serve it at any time of day. Quiche makes a great side or meatless main course—and, of course, it's a tasty addition to brunch. —Edie DeSpain, Logan, Utah
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. On a floured surface, roll pastry dough to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Trim and flute.
- 2. Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of foil. Fill with pie weights. Bake 15-20 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove foil and weights; bake 3-5 minutes or until golden brown. Cool. Reduce oven setting to 350°.
In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, Worcestershire sauce, salt and cayenne. Stir in broccoli, mushrooms and green onions. Sprinkle cheese over crust; pour egg mixture over cheese. Bake 60-65 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
Freeze option: Securely wrap baked and cooled quiche in plastic wrap and foil; freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap quiche; reheat in oven until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC