Mushroom Broccoli Pizza Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 4 plum tomatoes, sliced lengthwise
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add oil and sugar; mix well. Combine whole wheat flour and salt; stir into yeast mixture until smooth. Stir in enough all-purpose flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a bowl coated with cooking spray, turning once to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours.
- 3. Punch dough down. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a 12-in. pizza pan coated with cooking spray. Prick dough several times with a fork. Bake at 425° for 6-8 minutes.
- 4. Place broccoli in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 5-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Transfer broccoli to a colander. Rinse with cold water; drain and set aside.
- 5. In a nonstick skillet, saute mushrooms, onion and garlic in oil until mushrooms are tender. Spread pizza sauce over crust. Top with mushroom mixture, tomatoes, broccoli, basil and cheeses. Bake at 425° for 12-14 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 slices.
One serving (1 slice) equals 283 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 492 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 15 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.