- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 4 plum tomatoes, sliced lengthwise
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add oil and sugar; mix well. Combine whole wheat flour and salt; stir into yeast mixture until smooth. Stir in enough all-purpose flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a bowl coated with cooking spray, turning once to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours.
- Punch dough down. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a 12-in. pizza pan coated with cooking spray. Prick dough several times with a fork. Bake at 425° for 6-8 minutes.
- Place broccoli in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 5-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Transfer broccoli to a colander. Rinse with cold water; drain and set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet, saute mushrooms, onion and garlic in oil until mushrooms are tender. Spread pizza sauce over crust. Top with mushroom mixture, tomatoes, broccoli, basil and cheeses. Bake at 425° for 12-14 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 slices.
Originally published as Mushroom Broccoli Pizza in Light & Tasty April/May 2001, p52
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Mushroom Broccoli Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 1, 2010
"I made this for dinner tonight. It is GREAT. I added a little chopped green pepper as well. It took longer then 30 minutes, however, but I started it early so it was not a big deal."