Mushroom Broccoli Medley Recipe
- 6 bacon strips, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Saute mushrooms and onions in the drippings for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add broth, salt if desired and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, bring broccoli and 1 in. of water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain. Add broccoli and bacon to mushroom mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 146 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 219mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Mushroom Broccoli Medley
"As my husband said, can't go wrong with broccoli, bacon and mushrooms all in one dish. It was very good!"
"As a guy, it's hard to go wrong with bacon and mushrooms. Great side that I plan to use year round."