Mushroom Broccoli Medley Recipe
- 6 bacon strips, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Saute mushrooms and onions in the drippings for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add broth, salt if desired and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, bring broccoli and 1 in. of water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain. Add broccoli and bacon to mushroom mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 146 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 219mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Mushroom Broccoli Medley
"As my husband said, can't go wrong with broccoli, bacon and mushrooms all in one dish. It was very good!"
"As a guy, it's hard to go wrong with bacon and mushrooms. Great side that I plan to use year round."