This side dish has a wonderful blend of flavors that goes great with any entree. The colorful combination looks festive during the holidays. -Edie Draper, Pensacola Beach, Florida
Recommended: Top 10 Grilled Vegetable Recipes
- 6 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Saute mushrooms and onions in the drippings for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add broth, salt if desired and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, bring broccoli and 1 in. of water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain. Add broccoli and bacon to mushroom mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Broccoli Medley in Reminisce November/December 2002, p48
Reviews for Mushroom Broccoli Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 16, 2011
"As my husband said, can't go wrong with broccoli, bacon and mushrooms all in one dish. It was very good!"
Reviewed Dec. 27, 2010
"As a guy, it's hard to go wrong with bacon and mushrooms. Great side that I plan to use year round."