Mushroom Broccoli Cups Recipe
- 24 slices bread
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- Dash pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1. With a rolling pin, roll bread flat; cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. (Discard bread scraps or save for another use.) Press bread rounds into miniature muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Broil 6 in. from the heat until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Cool in pans on a wire rack.
- 2. In a bowl, beat the egg, egg white, milk, parsley, salt, baking powder, thyme and pepper. Stir in the broccoli, cheese, mushrooms and onion. Spoon about 1 teaspoonful into each toast cup. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until set. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 dozen.
2 each: 154 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 399mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Mushroom Broccoli Cups
"How clever, what a good idea. I love making appetizers and I have some that uses bread that you roll flat. This is just another one to put in my files. Very good, very tasty and I will make again. Thank you!"