Mushroom Broccoli Cups Recipe
"This is my very favorite appetizer and the one all my friends and family ask me to make," says Linda Senuta of Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. "I've given out this recipe to so many people that I've lost count. I use the leftover read to make croutons," she adds.
- 24 slices bread
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- Dash pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- With a rolling pin, roll bread flat; cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. (Discard bread scraps or save for another use.) Press bread rounds into miniature muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Broil 6 in. from the heat until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Cool in pans on a wire rack.
- In a bowl, beat the egg, egg white, milk, parsley, salt, baking powder, thyme and pepper. Stir in the broccoli, cheese, mushrooms and onion. Spoon about 1 teaspoonful into each toast cup. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until set. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Mushroom Broccoli Cups in Quick Cooking November/December 2003, p44
Reviews for Mushroom Broccoli Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 2, 2012
How clever, what a good idea. I love making appetizers and I have some that uses bread that you roll flat. This is just another one to put in my files. Very good, very tasty and I will make again. Thank you!