- 24 slices bread
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- Dash pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- With a rolling pin, roll bread flat; cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. (Discard bread scraps or save for another use.) Press bread rounds into miniature muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Broil 6 in. from the heat until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Cool in pans on a wire rack.
- In a bowl, beat the egg, egg white, milk, parsley, salt, baking powder, thyme and pepper. Stir in the broccoli, cheese, mushrooms and onion. Spoon about 1 teaspoonful into each toast cup. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until set. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Mushroom Broccoli Cups in Quick Cooking November/December 2003, p44
Reviews for Mushroom Broccoli Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 2, 2012
"How clever, what a good idea. I love making appetizers and I have some that uses bread that you roll flat. This is just another one to put in my files. Very good, very tasty and I will make again. Thank you!"