Mushroom Bread Wedges
Tender sliced mushrooms and a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese dot crisp Mushroom Bread Wedges, made with convenient refrigerated crescent rolls. You can also serve them with soup, chili or a main-dish salad. Field editor Patricia Mele of Apollo, Pennsylvania contributed the recipe.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Separate crescent dough into eight triangles and place on a greased
- 12-in. round pizza pan with points toward the center; seal
- In a small bowl, combine the mushrooms and butter; toss to coat.
- Spoon mushroom mixture over dough. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and
- Italian seasoning.
- Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and
- mushrooms are tender, Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 168 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 314 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.