- 1 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (3-1/2 to 4 pounds)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 4 green onions, chopped
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Add the beef; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. Rub the beef with garlic and pepper; place in a shallow roasting pan. Add broth to the pan. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 45-55 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the cheese, Worcestershire sauce and caraway seeds; cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted. Stir in onions; heat through. Serve sauce with beef. Yield: 10 servings (1-1/2 cups sauce).
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Mushroom-Blue Cheese Tenderloin
Sort By :
I made this easy dish for a dinner party and it was a hit. I doubled the sauce and was glad that I had; there wasn't a drop left! I'll make this again.
Amazing recipe! I'm not a great cook but this was easy to make. My family has asked for it again for Christmas dinner. I only use Clemson blue cheese! YUM!
Delicious! The sauce has a very heavy blue cheese taste so a little goes a long way. My husband had 3 helpings! I served this with a sautéed spinach recipe I found on this website & it went perfectly together.
I cut the recipe in 1/2 for a smaller crowd and everything worked out perfectly. I absolutely LOVE blue cheese and this sauce was to die for! The beef cooked to perfection. Definitely a keeper for special occasions!
Easy and everyone can not stop talking about it!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >