Mushroom Bisque Recipe
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute the mushrooms, onion and parsley in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool slightly.
- 2. Transfer to a blender; cover and process until pureed. Return to pan. Stir in sour cream; heat through, stirring occasionally (do not boil). Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 271 calories, 22g fat (14g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 529mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Mushroom Bisque
"Love this soup! Does it freeze well?"
"a quick, easy bowl of wonderfulness!"
"Very good over herbed noodles!"