The subtle taste of parsley comes through in this rich, creamy broth. It has great flavor, plus it's so easy.—Emily R Chaney, Blue Hill, Maine
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- In a large saucepan, saute the mushrooms, onion and parsley in butter
- until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Cool slightly.
- Transfer to a blender; cover and process until pureed. Return to pan.
- Stir in sour cream; heat through, stirring occasionally (do not
- boil). Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 271 calories, 22 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 529 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.