The subtle taste of parsley comes through in this rich, creamy broth. It has great flavor, plus it's so easy.—Emily R Chaney, Blue Hill, Maine
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- In a large saucepan, saute the mushrooms, onion and parsley in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool slightly.
- Transfer to a blender; cover and process until pureed. Return to pan. Stir in sour cream; heat through, stirring occasionally (do not boil). Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Bisque in Taste of Home October/November 2000, p41
Reviews for Mushroom Bisque
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 26, 2014
"Love this soup! Does it freeze well?"
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2012
"a quick, easy bowl of wonderfulness!"
Reviewed Jan. 25, 2011
"Very good over herbed noodles!"