Mushroom Beef Tips with Rice Recipe
“Here's a quick and simple version of the beef tips my husband loves. Even though the recipe calls for pre-made tips, the finished dish is tender and delicious.” Think: savory, stroganoff flavor with only 5 ingredients! Pamela Shank - Parkersburg, West Virginia
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 10 min. YIELD:3 servings
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (17 ounces) refrigerated beef tips with gravy
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve long grain rice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in butter for 2 minutes. Add beef to pan; cook for 4-6 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions. Remove beef mixture from the heat; stir in sour cream. Serve with rice. Yield: 3 servings.
2/3 cup meat mixture with 2/3 cup rice equals 473 calories, 24 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 110 mg cholesterol, 940 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC