Mushroom Beef Tenderloin Recipe
This dinner is a quick fix but seems special. A delightful mushroom sauce nicely complements the juicy beef. I like to serve it with toasted French bread.—Blanche Stevens, Anderson, Indiana
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 3/4 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 6 beef tenderloin steaks (1-1/2 inches thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in 3 tablespoons butter for 6-8 minutes or until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually add the cream. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in parsley; set aside and keep warm.
- 2. Meanwhile, in another large skillet, heat the remaining butter over medium-high heat. Cook steaks for 6-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Serve with the mushroom sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC