Mushroom Beef Tenderloin
This dinner is a quick fix but seems special. A delightful mushroom sauce nicely complements the juicy beef. I like to serve it with toasted French bread.Blanche Stevens, Anderson, Indiana
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3/4 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 6 beef tenderloin steaks (1-1/2 inches thick and 6 ounces each)
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in 3 tablespoons butter for 6-8
- minutes or until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until
- blended. Gradually add the cream. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and
- stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in parsley; set aside
- and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in another large skillet, heat the remaining butter over
- medium-high heat. Cook steaks for 6-7 minutes on each side or until
- meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer
- should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Serve
- with the mushroom sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.