Mushroom Beef Tenderloin Recipe
- 3/4 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 teaspoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 6 beef tenderloin steaks (1-1/2 inches thick and 6 ounces each)
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in 3 tablespoons butter for 6-8 minutes or until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually add the cream. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in parsley; set aside and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in another large skillet, heat the remaining butter over medium-high heat. Cook steaks for 6-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Serve with the mushroom sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Mushroom Beef Tenderloin(3)
Sort By :
I love this recipe. I have made this for guests and everyone raves about it. My son loves mushrooms so this is the perfect dish. I do add some garlic to this as well.
Enjoyed making this - added an onion, garlic, and crushed red pepper to the mushroom sauce to spice it up.
YUM! This is a restaurant-quality recipe that I plan to make a regular in our house. The hubby and I both loved it!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- New Year's Dinner Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >