Mushroom Beef Stroganoff
I've had this recipe for more than 25 years and have used it countless times. You can serve it over noodles or rice.—Robin De La Gardelle, Concord, California
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- Hot cooked noodles or rice
- In a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat. Brown
- steak; remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm. Add mushrooms;
- saute until tender. Return steak to pan. Add the soup, sour cream,
- onions, thyme and marjoram; heat gently (do not boil). Serve with
- noodles or rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 413 calories, 27 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 126 mg cholesterol, 485 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.