I've had this recipe for more than 25 years and have used it countless times. You can serve it over noodles or rice.—Robin De La Gardelle, Concord, California
Recommended: Our Favorite Slow Cooker Beef Recipes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- Hot cooked noodles or rice
- In a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat. Brown steak; remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm. Add mushrooms; saute until tender. Return steak to pan. Add the soup, sour cream, onions, thyme and marjoram; heat gently (do not boil). Serve with noodles or rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Beef Stroganoff in Taste of Home December/January 2000, p9
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Mushroom Beef Stroganoff
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review