Mushroom-Beef Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (12 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, cook the beef, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- 2. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, broth, parsley, brown sugar, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Serve with spaghetti. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 12 servings (1-1/2 quarts).
1/2 cup: 115 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 493mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 lean meat.
Reviews for Mushroom-Beef Spaghetti Sauce
"mpesci you can reduce the salt or leave it out completely if you like."
"What can I use instead of 1 teas. salt? Mrs. Dash? need low sodium sauce."
"This was great! The whole family loved it!"
"This is a good crockpot spaghetti sauce. I was surprised there was no garlic in the ingredients list; I may add some next time."