Mushroom Beef Skillet for Two Recipe
- 2 to 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Place the flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a skillet, cook the beef in butter over medium heat until browned. Add onion and garlic; cook for 2-3 minutes or until onion is tender.
- 2. Add broth, mushrooms, basil, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 1-1/2 hours or until meat is tender, stirring occasionally. Serve over rice. Yield: 2 servings.
8 ounce-weight: 498 calories, 28g fat (13g saturated fat), 172mg cholesterol, 1121mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 47g protein.
Reviews for Mushroom Beef Skillet for Two
"This is easy to make and delicuous. Served with mashed potatoes and salad.Will be making this again. Thank you!"
"My family loved this when I made it for them!"
"I make this recipe in the crock pot, but also add a can of cream of mushroom soup and serve it over egg noodles. The guys in my family love it!"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.