Mushroom Beef Skillet for Two
This is a great way to use leftover beef roast for a quick and easy meal during a busy week. Joan Baer
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 1-3/4 hours
- 2 to 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- Place the flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add beef, a few
- pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a skillet, cook the beef in
- butter over medium heat until browned. Add onion and garlic; cook
- for 2-3 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add broth, mushrooms, basil, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer 1-1/2 hours or until meat is tender, stirring
- occasionally. Serve over rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (8 ounces) equals 498 calories, 28 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 172 mg cholesterol, 1,121 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 47 g protein.