Mushroom Beef Skillet for Two Recipe
- 2 to 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Place the flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a skillet, cook the beef in butter over medium heat until browned. Add onion and garlic; cook for 2-3 minutes or until onion is tender.
- 2. Add broth, mushrooms, basil, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 1-1/2 hours or until meat is tender, stirring occasionally. Serve over rice. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (8 ounces) equals 498 calories, 28 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 172 mg cholesterol, 1,121 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 47 g protein.
Reviews for Mushroom Beef Skillet for Two
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.