- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound)
- 2 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Hot cooked egg noodles, optional
- Broil beef 4-6 in. from the heat for 6-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Set aside and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, bring broth to a boil. Add mushrooms and onion; cover and simmer until tender, about 5 minutes. In a small bowl, whisk the flour, cornstarch and water until smooth. Whisk into broth. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat.
- In another small bowl, combine the yogurt, paprika, mustard and garlic powder; stir into broth mixture until smooth. Cut beef diagonally into thin strips; add to broth mixture. Cook and stir over low heat until heated through. Serve with noodles if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Beef Skillet in Taste of Home February/March 1995, p44
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Mushroom Beef Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >